Monday, August 3, 2009

Phoenix Coyotes...

I have always been a fan of the "Root for the home team" motto. My wife and I don't agree on teams usually. She likes the 49ers. Now I don't hate them but Cardinals are home team. And I like them. LOL Hockey is split like so.... Wife, Penguins.... Me, Coyotes.  It kills me that they may leave AZ. I love having a home NHL Hockey team.  I don't know near the info as a lot of others out there do.  However.... People say that they don't have much of a fan base. How can you when about the only place you can find Coyotes hats or jerseys etc.... is either craigslist or ebay. May get lucky at a goodwill or a garage sale. I walked into a sport store at the mall the other day searching for a new hat. (Story of old hat is PRE blog time lol) I searched and searched. Even had my wife helping me. Know how many Coyotes things we found?? ONE hat that was kiddie size on clearance. I asked why they don't have anything more and the managers exact words were "They SUCK". He didn't even have enough pride in a home team to sell a key chain of them not to mention NOTHING else. How are the Coyotes supposed to have a fan base when fans try to find something they cant. People don't sell it. How can you NOT sell something that is HOME TEAM!!!???!!!???  Personally I think its flat ridiculous. There are so many cities out there that would LOVE to have a NHL team. Or, NFL, MLB etc.... PHX takes it for granted and doesn't care. 

DON'T GIVE UP ON YOUR HOME TEAM!!!!!! Should say TEAMS. Hard to come by AZ rattlers as well. But that's a different story. I really hope they stay here in the PHX area.  Instead of spending $50-$100 on a night out. Go to a game. Enjoy the culture that is also known as HOCKEY!!! Win or lose, DON'T BE A FAIR WEATHER FAN!!! 

STAY COYOTES!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment